BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, March 19, 2010

My New Love


I know, I know, I know!! I am supposed to be buying American made cheese from my local farmer’s market. Note: what I wrote in the previous blog. But I was examining the gourmet cheese section at my local specialty grocery store and found a cheese called, ready for this? Drunken Goat. I smile, and read one thing that causes my hand to drop the cheese wedge in my basket. “Semi-soft goat cheese Immersed in Red wine.” Semi-soft goat cheese; never had that before. Ok, Check. Immersed in Red Wine, OK, Sold!

Ok so that isn’t why I am writing about it. It is some of the most superior cheese I have ever tasted. It just might be my new favorite cheese. Move over Feta, we have a new love for Cristy. It comes in wheels. Has a purplish rind outside from being soaked in red wine for 3 to 4 days. It is semi-soft, like cheddar. And the rind is soft and edible (See tasting with my eyes). Smells like goat cheese with a sweet hint (tasting with my noise). Taste is creamy, almost like a good chèvre but doesn’t have the flaky texture I am use too with goat cheeses. The flavor is not strong, but not too weak that you will not forget the piece of cheese you just ate (tasting with my mouth). So despite that it is imported from Spain, I just wanted to recommend a good cheese when I can across one. I will come up with a recipe later.

Bon Appétit

0 comments: