BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 29, 2010

Fresh Macaroni Salad

One of my favorite places to go for a relaxing vacation is Hawaii. And one of my favorite things to eat while I am there is macaroni salad. Aloha Mixed Plate on the island of Maui makes the best macaroni salad I have ever tasted. But this calorie and fat packed item isn’t something that I can eat all the time. So I came up with a healthy and fresh macaroni salad. That lets me eat my macaroni and get some vegetables in me as well.

8 oz bag of whole wheat macaroni noodles
1 pound of broccoli crowns cut into small pieces
16 oz of cherry tomatoes
½ of red onion, diced
1 cucumber, chopped and peeled
Salt and Pepper for taste
Low Fat Organic Italian dressing for flavor

Cook Macaroni noodles and cool. Steam broccoli and cool. Once the noodles and broccoli are cold, mix in tomatoes, onions, and cucumber. Season with Salt and Pepper. Add Italian dressing before serving. Use sparingly.

Tip: You can also use carrots and celery (which is often found in Hawaiian style Macaroni salad); I was using what was in my refrigerator.

Bon Appétit

0 comments: