BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 2, 2010

The Three Little Piggy Sandwich


After seeing the “The Silver Palm Restaurant” on Anthony Bourdain’s No Reservations Chicago segment, my pork loving husband and I had to try this place. And no I haven’t found a pork only restaurant, but it’s just as good. This low key joint has a locals' only vibe, but welcomes anyone who walks in their doors. It is a refreshing change from the chain restaurants down the street in the more touristy areas of Chicago.

The Silver Palm uses an old train car for a dining area. The bar and entry way which is unpretentious, and has a “Cheers” vibe with a spunk that says “hello I am in Chicago.” There are no out of towners here, the night we were there, it was full of locals.

I can only tell you about one thing on the menu. Since the only thing my husband and I ate was the massive Three Little Piggy Sandwich. Which includes your choice of Gruyere or Cheddar, with Fried Pork Tenderloin, Smoked Ham, Bacon, topped off with a fried egg and onion rings, all between toasted buns. I could only eat half, and wished so desperately that I could get this back home. It not only is good, but one of the best sandwiches I have ever had.

There is a wide selection of beer as well. Something my husband thought was an added plus for the restaurant. Overall you will not leave hungry here. I can’t wait for my next visit to Chicago and to “The Silver Palm.”
Silver Palm Restaurant, 768 N. Milwaukee, Chicago, IL 312-666-9322. Only open for dinner Tuesday thru Sunday, call for reservations since the dining car is small.

0 comments: